Friday, May 11, 2012

Taking What You Need.

So last week at school these posters started popping up on campus.


They were everywhere.
This one was in the staff room where the mailboxes and the copy machine live.
Take what YOU need.
I was poleaxed.
Hope
Understanding
Joy
Peace
A Friend (complete with stick figure)
A Kind Word (smile)
Faith
Love 
Honesty 
Courage
Confidence
I never saw a whole poster--and I kind of like wondering what the torn Need was and coming up with needs to put there. There was not an untouched poster anywhere.

Humans need large doses of all of these things, and it's pretty clear that we aren't getting enough if you look around and see what's happening in the world.
So my heart lurched around a little because a kid took the time to make these posters and offer Needs to other kids and the staff. I picture kids tearing off Needs,  little pink pieces of hope, and carrying them around and feeling a little better about stuff.
So.
Take what YOU need.
I did.










3 comments:

  1. This is so awesome. And, put a smile on my face when there hasn't been one there all day. What an experience to witness such pure selflessness. I love it. And you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, whoever created those posters had a great idea. Kudos to them.

    ReplyDelete